Sunday, March 20, 2011

Have fresh baked cinimon rolls

 I have been trying to come up with a recipe for cinnamon rolls that you can make from scratch in the back country. This is what I have so far.
seven 2 inch rolls
 Makes about 7 two inch rolls.
1-1/4 cup bisquick biscuit mix
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup raisins
1/8 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter

Mix in a bowel the biscuit mix the milk and half the raisins until you get a dough, then roll out on a board until it is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick, spread the butter on the dough, spread the rest of the raisins on the dough, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on the dough then roll up into a log, then cut into slices about 1 inch thick and place on shallow baking pan, bake at about 400 deg for around 10 min or until golden brown. Then if you have it, spread icing over the cooked rolls. You could also add grated orange peel or lemon to flavor. I used the 9 inch oven but with the 7 inch oven it would make two 6 inch pans of rolls. You could put four rolls in each pan. You could use the deep pan also instead of the shallow pan I am sure it would work just as well.
Rolls in the oven on my stove top at home
Baked rolls









You can try this  they are actually quite good. Would be great at 12000 feet in the back country with some hot chocolate.
 Forgot to weigh the ingredients though I don't think they would be over 8 oz though.

Thanks for reading I will be posting more recipes on this site. If you have any you would like me to try please send them on to brian@backpackeroven.com. I will post them here for everyone to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment