Monday, June 14, 2010

Feeding the PCT hikers




I went up to Chicken Spring lake outside of Horseshoe Meadows on Sunday the 13th of June 2010. Set up two ovens and brought enough food to make a dozen pizzas, 4 loafs of banana nut bread and some oatmeal cookies.
 This is a photo of the ovens setup and cooking pizzas. I was making 4 pizzas at a time to feed the hungry hikers.


 This photo shows a couple of hikers chowing down on pizza.








And some more eating the pepperonie pizza I baked for them!!
 It was a lot of fun and I am planing to do this every year. Only next year I will camp at the lake for a few days. That way I can feed more PCT hikers. It was quite a treat to see how happy they were to be eating pizza along the trail. They said this is the last place they would think to be having fresh baked pizza!!!




 Hope everyone has a fun trip and be safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment